Developer based in Porto, Portugal.
Main areas of focus: web, machine learning, and 3D games & simulations.
- 10+ years of experience building products on the web;
- Expert on state of the art machine learning & research lab member at the Machine Learning Collective under Rosanne Liu (Google DeepMind);
- Extensive experience with the Unity engine, including as an asset store publisher.
- Freelancing since high school (2013)
- Software Engineering degree (2015-2018)
- Joined Toptal in 2017
- Joined MLC research lab in 2020
Some companies I have worked with:
My full work history is available on LinkedIn.
I am comfortable working with most tech stacks, and happy to pick up any I haven’t worked with before. I believe the tools are a means to an end, and at the end of the day it’s all about creating value for the end user.
Working on my own projects is a large part of what I spend my time on. Below are some of the things I’ve done.
- Derived backpropagation from scratch to develop an intuitive understanding of the algorithm powering modern ML models
- Applied neural cellular automata models to the abstraction and reasoning corpus as part of my research at MLC
- Experimented with neural network weight compression using low-rank matrix approximation
- Applied LLMs to NPCs in virtual worlds, triggering actions based on model output
- Published a mesh optimization tool in the Unity asset store (my first profitable side project)
- Researched frame rate independence
- Implemented Fowler–Noll–Vo 1a hash in C# as part of my procedural generation efforts
- Working on an infinite terrain generator based on a graph editor (inspired by shader graph). Currently looking into using the browser as a UI due to insufficient support for graph-based UIs in the Unity editor.
- Published Twitter Infinite Scroll Disabler, a browser extension that replaced Twitter’s infinite scroll with a “show more” button
- Built a modular web questionnaire scaffolding and published should you have some coffee
- Built Watch Together, a browser extension for synchronizing video players across multiple users on a popular web streaming service
- Set up a VPS in a repeatable way, with zero manual steps
- Wrote a checklist for using SQLite on personal web projects in the safest & cleanest possible way
How to reach out
DM on X or email@example.com.